BioMicah Redding is a software developer, founder and Executive Director of the Christian Transhumanist Association, and host of the Christian Transhumanist Podcast. He grew up as a preacher's kid, spent eight years as a rock musician, and has traveled extensively, to places such as Kathmandu, Afghanistan, and the coasts of Africa. In 2012, he found himself in Tahrir Square during the first election after the Egyptian revolution.
As a software developer, he has worked with startups to strategically lay the groundwork for open-ended growth, led development on multi-million dollar web products, and helped larger companies dramatically accelerate their development process.
Micah lives in Nashville, Tennessee, where he coordinates vibrant inter-religious dialogue, cutting-edge art events, and public conversations on the technological singularity and the future of the human race. He is a member of Mensa, a frequent contributor to the Huffington Post and Vice Motherboard, and a speaker for TEDx and numerous other events.
- The Sectarian Review Podcast AI and Transhumanism
- Meaning of Life TV, The Wright Show Christian Transhumanism
- Systematic, with Brett Terpstra God is a Parent
- Voice of Islam Radio UK Will robots take our jobs, raise our kids, replace our friends?
- ThinkOpposite on the CTR Radio Network Science, Faith, Religion and Technology
- Outer Voices Podcast Deus Ex Machina
- Exosphere Interviews Micah Redding, Christian Transhumanist Association
- ChristianPigCast Micah Redding on Christian Transhumanism
- Inverse When Cyborgs and Christians Compromise
- Baptist News Exploring Incarnation: Can Transhumanism Enrich a Christian Theology of Humanity?
- New Religious Movements Blog Who are the Christian Transhumanists?
- Huffington Post The Faith of the Martian
- Huffington Post Why Christians Should Support Radical Life Extension
- Motherboard Magazine The Priest Who Believed in God and the Singularity
- Motherboard Magazine Why I became a Christian Transhumanist
- Christ & Pop Culture Can Transhumanism Lead us Back to Orthodoxy?
- IEET Iron Man and the Modern Identity Crisis
- H+ Magazine Christianity is Transhumanism
- H+ Magazine Relational Transhumanism: Interdependence is the Rule, Not the Exception
Videos + Talks
- TEDx We All Live in the Developing World
- Nigeria ICT Festival Christianity, Emerging Technologies, and the Developing World
- Exosphere Academy, South America Humanity: Superheroes or Cyborgs?
- Exosphere Academy, South America How to Save the World: The Reason for Transhumanism
- Faith and Work Conference, Redeemer Presbyterian NY Biotechnology Panel
- Transhuman Visions Conference How Superheroes Help Us Learn to Use Our Technological Powers for Good
- International Longevity Day web event Why Christians should embrace Radical Life Extension (transcript)
- 2012 Barcamp Saving History From The Data Monsters
- 2013 Podcamp Why the Coming Robot Invasion Matters Now!
- 2017 Barcamp Superhuman: the 5 Technologies that will Transform Humanity
- Mormon Transhumanist Conference A Better Apocalypse: Martin Luther King vs Harold Camping (audio) (transcript)
- Mormon Transhumanist Conference Christianity as Transcendent Humanism: Humanity's Infinite Reach
- Mormon Transhumanist Conference Analysis, Loss of Meaning, and the Religious Thinker (audio)
- Mormon Transhumanist Conference Transhumanism & The Christian Story (audio) (transcript)
- Mormon Transhumanist Conference The Urgent Need for Christian Transhumanism (audio)
Kevin Kelly, Science Mike, Frank Tipler, James Hughes, Steve Fuller, Liz Parrish, Thomas Jay Oord, Greg Boyd, Philip Clayton, Derek Webb, Mike Morrell, Adam Ericksen, Christian Piatt, Paul Wallace, Derek Flood, Katharine Hayhoe, Christopher Benek, Robert Walden Kurtz, Calvin Mercer, Robert Wright, Peter Enns, Shannon Vyff, Ron Cole-Turner, Meghan O'Gieblyn, David Deutsch, Aubrey de Grey, Jason Silva, Colin Wright, Zoltan Istvan