BioMicah Redding is a software developer, founder and Executive Director of the Christian Transhumanist Association, and host of the Christian Transhumanist Podcast. He grew up as a preacher's kid, spent eight years as a rock musician, and has traveled extensively, to places such as Kathmandu, Afghanistan, and the coasts of Africa. In 2012, he found himself in Tahrir Square during the first election after the Egyptian revolution.
As a software developer, he has worked with startups to strategically lay the groundwork for open-ended growth, led development on multi-million dollar web products, and helped larger companies dramatically accelerate their development process.
Micah lives in Nashville, Tennessee, where he coordinates vibrant inter-religious dialogue, cutting-edge art events, and public conversations on the technological singularity and the future of the human race. He is a member of Mensa, a frequent contributor to the Huffington Post and Vice Motherboard, and a speaker for TEDx and numerous other events.
Interviews & Talks
TV & Radio & Broadcasts
- BBC World Service Immortality, The Why Factor
- Hagee Hotline Artificial Intelligence
- Voice of Islam Radio UK Will robots take our jobs, raise our kids, replace our friends?
- ThinkOpposite on the CTR Radio Network Science, Faith, Religion and Technology
- Meaning of Life TV, The Robert Wright Show Christian Transhumanism
- Systematic, with Brett Terpstra God is a Parent
- Menu Bar Podcast Religion Disrupted
- The Sectarian Review Podcast AI and Transhumanism
- The Sectarian Review Podcast Elon Musk
- The Sectarian Review Podcast Metropolis
- Outer Voices Podcast Deus Ex Machina
- Exosphere Interviews Micah Redding, Christian Transhumanist Association
- ChristianPigCast Micah Redding on Christian Transhumanism
- The Boston Globe When Silicon Valley gets religion — and vice versa
- Slate Transhumanism is Complicating the Relationship Between Faith and Science
- Inverse When Cyborgs and Christians Compromise
- Christianity Today Can Anti-Aging Treatments Offer Abundant Life?
- Wired Why has the rapture of the nerds taken so long to go mainstream?
- The Tennessean Should we live to be 500?
- The Daily Beast The New Religions Obsessed with AI
- Religion News Service Should we live to be 500? Christians and secularists come together over transhumanism
- Baptist News Exploring Incarnation: Can Transhumanism Enrich a Christian Theology of Humanity?
- Connect Faith Transhumanist Conference Raises Age-Old Questions
- New Religious Movements Blog Who are the Christian Transhumanists?
- Motherboard Magazine The Priest Who Believed in God and the Singularity
- Motherboard Magazine Why I became a Christian Transhumanist
- Huffington Post The Faith of the Martian
- Huffington Post Why Christians Should Support Radical Life Extension
- Christ & Pop Culture Can Transhumanism Lead us Back to Orthodoxy?
- IEET Iron Man and the Modern Identity Crisis
- H+ Magazine Christianity is Transhumanism
- H+ Magazine Relational Transhumanism: Interdependence is the Rule, Not the Exception
- TEDx We All Live in the Developing World
- American Scientific Affiliation Technological Enhancement: What’s a Christian to do?
- Nigeria ICT Festival Christianity, Emerging Technologies, and the Developing World
- Exosphere South America Humanity: Superheroes or Cyborgs?
- Exosphere South America How to Save the World: The Reason for Transhumanism
- Faith and Work Conference, Redeemer Presbyterian NY Biotechnology Panel
- Transhuman Visions Conference How Superheroes Help Us Learn to Use Our Technological Powers for Good
- International Longevity Day Why Christians should embrace Radical Life Extension (transcript)
- 2012 Barcamp Saving History From The Data Monsters
- 2013 Podcamp Why the Coming Robot Invasion Matters Now!
- 2017 Barcamp Superhuman: the 5 Technologies that will Transform Humanity
- MTA Conference A Better Apocalypse: Martin Luther King vs Harold Camping (audio) (transcript)
- MTA Conference Christianity as Transcendent Humanism: Humanity's Infinite Reach
- MTA Conference Analysis, Loss of Meaning, and the Religious Thinker (audio)
- MTA Conference Transhumanism & The Christian Story (audio) (transcript)
- MTA Conference The Urgent Need for Christian Transhumanism (audio)
Kevin Kelly, NT Wright, David Deutsch, Aubrey de Grey, Science Mike, Frank Tipler, James Hughes, Steve Fuller, Liz Parrish, Thomas Jay Oord, Greg Boyd, Philip Clayton, Adam Ericksen, Christian Piatt, Paul Wallace, Derek Flood, Katharine Hayhoe, Christopher Benek, Robert Walden Kurtz, Calvin Mercer, Robert Wright, Peter Enns, Shannon Vyff, Ron Cole-Turner, Meghan O'Gieblyn, Robin Hanson, Ilia Delio, Justin Lee, David Pearce, Taryn Southern, Derek Webb, Jason Silva, Colin Wright, Zoltan Istvan, Mike Morrell, Gerald Schroeder