BioMicah Redding is a software developer, the Executive Director of the Christian Transhumanist Association, and the host of the Christian Transhumanist Podcast. He grew up as a preacher's kid, spent eight years as a rock musician, and has traveled extensively, to places such as Kathmandu, Afghanistan, and the coasts of Africa. In 2012, he found himself in Tahrir Square during the first election after the Egyptian revolution.
As a software developer, he has worked with startups to strategically lay the groundwork for open-ended growth, and has helped established companies dramatically accelerate their development process. His most recent project involved leading development on a multimillion-dollar web product as it tripled its revenues, and impacted thousands of small businesses across the country.
Micah lives in Nashville, Tennessee, where he has helped to organize vibrant inter-religious dialogue, cutting-edge art events, and public conversations on the technological singularity and the future of the human race. He has been active in promoting and working with a large annual charity walk. He is a member of Mensa, a frequent contributor to the Huffington Post and Vice Motherboard, and a speaker for TEDx and numerous other events.
- Huffington Post The Faith of the Martian
- Motherboard Magazine Why I became a Christian Transhumanist
- Christ & Pop Culture Can Transhumanism Lead us Back to Orthodoxy?
- IEET Iron Man and the Modern Identity Crisis
- Motherboard Magazine The Priest Who Believed in God and the Singularity
- Huffington Post Why Christians Should Support Radical Life Extension
- H+ Magazine Christianity is Transhumanism
- H+ Magazine Relational Transhumanism: Interdependence is the Rule, Not the Exception
Videos + Talks
- We All Live in the Developing World (video)
- How Superheroes Help Us Learn to Use Our Technological Powers for Good
- A Better Apocalypse: Martin Luther King vs Harold Camping (video) (audio) (text)
- Why Christians should embrace Radical Life Extension (video) (text)
- Analysis, Loss of Meaning, and the Religious Thinker (video) (audio)
- Christianity, Emerging Technologies, and the Developing World
- Saving History From The Data Monsters
- Why the Coming Robot Invasion Matters Now!
- Humanity: Superheroes or Cyborgs?
- How to Save the World: The Reason for Transhumanism
- Transhumanism & The Christian Story (video) (audio) (text)
- The Urgent Need for Christian Transhumanism (video) (audio)
- Why the Lego Batman Movie might Save Civilization
- What would you have done?
- Why Christians need a Minimum Viable Theology
- What is Happening in the World?
- How to Become Immortal
- Christianity is Love
- Partnership with God
- How Self-Help Really Works
- Minimum Viable Theology: We Are Not Alone
- The Creative Process of God
- Why Christians Should Support Radical Life Extension
- The Theology of the Lego Movie