Living in the Cloud
I want to start writing about a subject that fascinates me: how to live lightly.
This involves many things. For me, it ideally means
- Traveling with only one bag
- Carrying very few things in my pockets
- Not accumulating possessions
- Keeping all my data "in the cloud", beyond the dangers of dropping laptops in swimming pools
These things may seem random, but the core idea is the same: I want to be able to travel, change direction at a moment's notice, and live life without worrying about possessions or information.
I intend to document some of my thoughts and strategies in getting towards this goal. Right now, I'll list a few of my inspirations.
- Tim Ferriss - lifestyle design and world travel
- OneBag.com - how to pack
- Amazon S3 - store everything online
- Google Apps